Monday, July 27, 2026

Going Forward




This has been a powerful time of looking back and releasing stored pockets of old energy that have been held faithfully in the cells of my body.
   I say faithfully because our bodies hold some stuck pieces of our lives in stasis until the time comes for us to attend to and release them.  If that time never comes, then those life stories go with us to the ends of our lives.  If that time does come, then we are invited to let go of burdensome thoughts and memories.  Each stored pocket that we release is something that was never intended to be taken with us into the unfolding of our best selves.  As we let go of each of these stories and experiences, a weight is taken off of what we carry.  Eventually, we become lighter and we only carry the version of our personal lives that is the most true and authentic.  In my experience of this consistent letting-go process my spirit has become lighter with the release of each piece of stored energy.  By now I feel like a butterfly floating in the sunshine on a light breeze.  I feel so grateful to be lifted up in this way.

And so, now, I feel like I am being invited into a time of looking forward, not backward.  My best way to do this is by staying present in my life.  When I think about what is coming, it just feels like a lot of uncertainty.  I have never felt comfortable with uncertainty.  For me, the best way to become comfortable with uncertainty is to stay present so that I can savor the moments of my life.  I do believe that we create in each present moment the things that will become our experience of going forward.  The other vital piece of this process is to trust that "what is coming" will be perfectly suited for the authentic self that I have uncovered and restored.  Trust is coming so much more easily since I feel lighter and less encumbered.  Again, I feel grateful for this new life experience.

"Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing monkey bars.  You have to let go at some point in order to move forward."

             --C. S. Lewis

"Happiness is letting go of what you think your life is supposed to look like and celebrating it for everything that it is."

             --Mandy Hale  

  

No comments: