Thursday, May 10, 2012

May Day

I am so enjoying the unfolding of Spring, and the bursting of wildflowers in my environment.  There is such a palpable growth energy, as new plants emerge from the ground and green leaves unfurl from branches and stems.  My outdoor walks remind me of the abundance of this world, and of the beauty that is always here for us to enjoy. This time is a celebration of life coming forward out of winter's darkness.
At the same time my life is full of changes.  These changes can, and usually do, elicit fear responses in me.  I want to immediately send out a "mayday" signal of distressThis would be senseless, because there really is no immediate danger or life-threatening event.  It is only old responses that want to resist the change.  They want to cry out, warning of some imagined, yet non-existent, disaster.  My focus is on stepping into the changes with courage and directness, while also noticing these errant feelings so that they may release and dissolve.   I lean on Creative Presence to guide my way. 
"Transformation occurs only when we remember, breath after breath, year after year, to move toward our emotional distress without condemning or justifying our experiences."
                                                               --Pema Chodron    

No comments: