Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Unfolding

I am participating in a remarkable process of unfolding.  By being my best self, by keeping on my path and staying the course, my life is moving in its best direction.  This happens through a daily attention to everything:  my daily activities, my surroundings, things I can see, and many that I can't.  This time requires a devotion to everyday events and occurrences.  Being in the moment.  Bountily.  Is that a word?  Somehow it describes my participation.  I am invited to yield all that I have to offer.  In fullness and joy.  In ordinary time with extraordinary experiences.
"The key is to be here, fully connected with the moment, paying attention to the details of ordinary life.  By taking care of ordinary things--our pots and pans, our clothing, our teeth--we rejoice in them.  When we scrub a vegetable or brush our hair, we are expressing appreciation:  friendship toward ourselves and toward the living quality that is found in everything."
                                                                        --Pema Chodron

No comments: