Thursday, October 27, 2011

Honoring

In the midst of large change anxiety comes and goes.  Recently for me, it has been coming in the form of old patterns and messages that come from a part of me that isn't authentic; that isn't truly who I am.  I have needed to turn gentle and compassionate energy onto these old voices in order to free them from their stuck places, and enable them to move on.  Only then am I fully reconnected to my peaceful center and to my process of positive change.
"Tibetan practices teach us that we benefit by honoring and feeding the demons.  When the demons arrive we must recognize that they are part of the dance of life itself.  When they threaten, it is only our illusions that are in danger.  The deeper our bow to the awesome changing powers of life, the wiser we will be, and when we embrace them, they turn into a rainbow.  Every color shines in the awakened heart."                                                     --Jack Kornfield

No comments: