Sunday, March 13, 2011

Abundance

This week I was visited by a buffalo in one of my dreams.  In the teachings of native people, Buffalo brought the gift of prayer to humans.  The buffalo was also the major source of sustenance to the Plains Indians.  The invitation from buffalo is to show gratitude for whatever comes to your life to support you.  I have certainly had this experience of abundance coming to me recently.  Not in ways that I would have imagined or predicted, but in ways that were certainly sustaining.  I have prayed for the arrival of abundance, and those requests have been answered well.  I feel grateful, and I experience wonder as these mysterious workings unfold.
"The medicine of buffalo is prayer, gratitude, and praise for that which has been received.  Buffalo medicine is also knowing that abundance is present when all relations are honored as sacred, and when gratitude is expressed to every living part of creation."                       --Jamie Sams and David Carson, Medicine Cards 

No comments: