Monday, March 7, 2011

Change

Living with change is not a comfortable prospect.  I always want something good to stay the same.  But that would mean zero growth.  Change is a constant.  It feels like my task of this present time is to become more friendly with the notion of change.  Not just to tolerate it, but to embrace it like a friend.  Especially, I am supposed to learn not to fear change.  Even though up until now that fear has been hardwired into my primitive, reptilian brain.  My alert responses are activated.  I'm watching for potential danger; threats; mishaps.  What an exhausting way to live.  I am being encouraged now to open to change.  To lean into the process of change as a creative unfolding of good for my life.  Just the sound of that feels better already.  Maybe I'll try going with the flow.
"There is no state of enlightened retirement, no experience of awakening that places us outside the truth of change.  Everything breathes and turns in its cycles.  The moon, the stock market, our hearts, the wheeling galaxies all expand and contract with the rhythm of life...  It is only by letting go into this truth that we awaken to that which is timeless, the reality of freedom."                  
                                                                         -Jack Kornfield 

No comments: